Friday, February 5, 2010
The meeting decided to protest against the unilateral action of the Department. The nature of agitations to be staged will be decided after the Circle Working Committee / Circle Council to be held on 6th and 7th of this month, at Trivandrum.
Posted By: Abdul Rahiman T.P, Secretary, PIII.
2097 LSG POSTMASTERS [POSTMASTER GRADE-I] ; 511 HSG-II POSTMASTERS[POSTMASTER GRADE - II]; 495 HSG-I POSTMASTERS [POSTMASTER GRADE - III]; & 116 PSS GROUP-B POSTS [SENIOR POSTMASTER] HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED AS POSTMASTERS.
The procedures to fill up these posts have not been spelt out in this order - But we gathered that the first time absorption in all these posts will be by one-time option from LSG-HSG-II/HSG-I officials - But in future all LSG Postmasters vacancies will be only through Competitive Examination from PA/SAs.
Postal JCA has already decided on its 3rd February 2010 meeting to organise protest on such unilateral action of DoP and called for a nationwide protest with a Massive Parlamentary March on 2.3.2010 along with important GDS, Casual labourers and Attack on RMS issues.
The full text of the order is placed here for the information and comments of our membership.
Posted By: Abdul Rahiman T.P, Secretary PIII.
Posted by :Abdul Rahiman T.P, Secretary, PIII
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Do not get complacent
Posted by: Abdul Rahiman T.P, Secretary.PIII
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Department of Posts
New Delhi – 110001
Sub: Modification of Grade Pay to HSG-I and HSG-II/BCR Officials on par with ASPOs and IPOs to maintain pre-6th CPC horizontal and vertical relativity – reg.
This Federation draws your kind attention to the orders of the MOF F.No.1/1/2008-IC Dated 13.11.2009 revising the Grade Pay of 4200/- into 4600/- for the holders' of pre-revised scale of 6500-10500. We also draw your kind attention the positive stand taken by the Department of Posts to recommend similar hike in Grade Pay to IPOs with consequential further enhancement of GP to ASPOS and Group B. In this background, this Federation seeks an identical enhancement of GP of HSG-II/BCR with consequential further enhancement of GP of HSG-I and Group 'B' on the following grounds:
- 6th CPC recommended the PB-2 scale of 8700-34800 with Grade Pay 4200/- to HSG-II/BCR by amalgamating erstwhile 5000-8000; 5500-9000; 6500-10500 pay scales. Therefore w.e.f. 1.1.2006 the HSG-II/BCR officials are placed on the 8700-34800 Pay Band 2 with GP 4200/- on par with the IPOs who were also placed in the same PB-2 with GP 4200/-. This maintains the pre-6th CPC horizontal and vertical relativity of these cadres.
- 6th CPC recommended the PB-2 scale of 8700-34800 with Grade Pay 4600- to HSG-I through its recommendation vide Para 7.6.15 and the same had been accepted and implemented by the Government also. Thus the HSG-I officials are placed on par with the ASPOs in the same pre-revised scale of 7450-11500 w.e.f. 1.1.2006. This maintains the pre-6th CPC horizontal and vertical relativity of these cadres.
- Therefore the positive decision of the Department of Posts to recommend enhancement of IPOs Grade Pay to 4600/- on the analogy of the placement of IPOs in merged scale of 6500-10500 w.e.f. 1.1.2006 should be ipso facto be made applicable to the HSG-II/BCR who are placed in the same amalgamated pay scale with Grade Pay 4200/-.
- The Grade Pay of HSG-I is therefore consequently to be enhanced as 4800/- on the same lines of the Grade Pay of ASPOs since both HSG-I and ASPOS are on identically placed pay scales both before and after the 6th CPC.
- The Grade Pay of Group B is therefore consequently to be enhanced to Grade Pay 5400/- since both the HSG-I and ASPOs are promoted to Group B through examinations and Seniority –cum-fitness.
- The absence of a similar and identical hike in Grade Pay of HSG-II/BCR and HSG-I would disturb the existing pre-6th CPC and 6th CPC recommended horizontal and vertical relativity between these cadres and the cadres of IPOs/ASPOs over and the above the already disturbed relativity in comparison to the pre-5th CPC pay scales.
This Federation therefore urges upon you to kindly recommend to MOF a similar hike in Grade Pay to HSG-II/BCR; HSG-I cadres also to maintain at least the existing horizontal and vertical relativity between the cadres of IPOs with the HSG-II/BCR and between the cadres of ASPOs and HSG-I. We would highly appreciate your early action in this important issue.
By...Abdul Rahiman T.P, Secretary PIII.